Mobile Chlorine Dosing system to boost Cl2 residual near the end of a new CLS water main.
MTL provided process and mechanical design, project management and commissioning services for the containerised unit to maintain Cl2 residual due to initial low water demand. The system included the following features:
- High & low range Cl2 gas dosing capability
- Automatic gas dosing control via PLC
- Inlet treated water and dosed treated water analysers
- Operation at water main pressures of 200 to 1600 kPa
- Hardwired emergency gas shut-off and gas leak detection systems
- HSNO compliant design
- Remote monitoring and alarms via SMS
MTL worked very closely with Filtration Technology, the Siemens dosing equipment supplier and installation contractor to ensure the dosing unit met the high standards required.
Ergo Consulting Ltd (Electrical & Controls) and Filtration.