Kauri Dairy Factory Boiler Replacement.
MTL was engaged to provide project management and engineering assistance to Fonterra for the upgrade to the Energy Centre at their Kauri Dairy Factory in Northland.
MTL’s scope of engagement included:
- Project and contract management for the demolition of two redundant thermal fluid boilers
- Project and contract management for the installation of a new 10MW boiler
- Developing methodology for the safe removal and installation of the boilers from the Energy Centre
- Identification of tie in works during production outages
- Design of new steam piping and upgrade to existing steam network
MTL’s involvement in the project concluded with the successful removal of the last redundant boiler in July 2013.