Mobile CO2 Dosing Skids for potable water pH control.
Watercare identified the need for two mobile CO2 Dosing units for temporary deployment to ensure potable water pH compliance with NZDWS as new concrete lined steel watermains are entered into service. MTL provided ‘fast-track’ process and mechanical design, project management and commissioning services for containerised units with the following features:
- High and low range CO2 dosing capability
- Dual pH analysers
- Operation at watermain pressures of 200 to 1100 kPa
- Utilising existing water main connections where possible
- Remote monitoring and alarms via SMS
- Mains power or generator connectivity.
MTL worked very closely with Filtration Technology, the Siemens dosing equipment supplier and ‘turn-key’ contractor for supply and installation of the dosing units. The dosing units were installed and successfully commissioned within the fast track timeframe of 14 weeks.
Ergo Consulting Ltd (Electrical & Controls), Filtration Technology/Kinetic/PLNZ.